Well here I am, in Anna, Texas and fully awake at 2:08 A.M. I could say that my body is still used to Utah time and that's why am still awake, but if I were in Utah it would be 1:09 A.M.(took me a full minute to type that sentence) and that is not much better. For some reason or another I cannot seem to fall asleep, maybe it's because it's unfortunately hot here. Even when it rains it doesn't have that refreshing, mind numbing quality coldness that Utah rain has. I know that every state has its own unique weather, but I am only now appreciating Utah's uncanny ability to change temperatures so quickly. This appreciation has come from the realization that the temperature here never fluctuates more then 3 degrees, unless its 10 degrees hotter, but the rule seems to be that the temperature can only increase and not decrease. I believe I have now discovered why I am still awake. It's hot.
It could be that its hot or it may also have something to do with all the things on my mind. Enrolling in a new school and starting a new degree program that will not be cheap. Also my wife and I are both currently unemployed. We are not beggers on the streets by any strech, in fact I think its pretty impossible that we will become homeless. Of course now that I have said that its bound to happen somehow.
The people in Texas are very friendly, and if my wife and I were to end up without a home I am sure there would be plenty of people who would offer us a place to stay. People really try to live the Christian way out here and they talk about it on every radio station. Even with the wonderful in-laws and the true Christians all around, its hard to not feel a little bit alone in a new place.
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Logan, I just barely read this post. I am beginning this blog up again. I think that this post is really well written and meaningful. I thought that the last sentence was a really good ending sentence. I also enjoyed the part about the temperature only going up, not down.
ReplyDelete