Wednesday, May 13, 2009

new blog now

This blog is the first step in beginning a publishing company. Bryninn Erickson and I decided that we wanted a blog where writers could get feedback on their writing, and eventually, if they don't get published elsewhere, we could publish them. It used to be called SEpublishing, but Bryninn didn't like that one, but since he didn't give me any other ideas, I just changed it to Collin's writing club. :) I'm sure it will change again in the future.

The goal is to get our work published and perhaps even make a profit doing so. I don't know how it will all work yet, but ideas are welcome.I'm thinking that one rule will be that before you can post a writing sample that you want feed back on, you must read a previous sample and give meaningful feedback.Also, it is my advice that no writer take any feedback seriously unless it is supported by 2 people. It is easy for a writer to become discouraged or torn in two or three directions, but if two or more reviewers agree on a criticism, then it is more likely a good idea.Also, Tessa set up a wiki at http://tessalrs.wiki.zoho.com/HomePage.html that we can use to post writing and comment on it. We could restrict the page so that only some people could view it or have it open to any viewers.

1 comment: